May 24, 2010

Don't turn your back on

There in my shoes.
I see my heart dead.
There is the news.
Of people wed.
Here are papers that spread the news.
Here are the words that said:

"Come to my world,"
"Come to my land."
"I dream of you,"
"O, Take my hand."

Sitting there in the brown-black chair.
Smelling the air from the fair.
Lounging back, smelling trees.
Getting down on my knees.

Pray, pray, O come ye pray.
Kneel down with the angels today.
Sing, sing, o do ye sing.
Cling to the words that say:

"I have you here,
Inside my brain.
Each night, I dream,
I see a train."

"It leads to you,
And feels your toil.
My love for you,
It burns with oil."

And feel, I do, the words that spew.
And run like the breeze across the trees.
I smile and think of pain long gone.
Tears dripping unto the paper fronds.

I look at headlines.
They read of fire.
A baby who died.
As black as wire.

I see the ad again;
My eyes do churn.
The water inside;
I feel it burn.

And on my final tear.
A spider-like fear.
O, the news that I was fed,
The final words that said:

"I saw you the other night,
A forest of hues and light.
It was Autumn and around the bend,
I saw you sitting wanting to pretend.
To look me away and pierce in my eyes.
The facts of redemption and cat-like lies.
You were thinking, so studious there.
And when I came up to bare.
You widened your eyes and stared.
On the log you sat, peering into the blue.
I walked closer and I asked you what was new.
You told me that I was wrong.
That you weren't all alone.
And as I listened to the song.
I started to feel your woe."

So I should listen to some tall tree,
A long paper of blasphemy?
I've cried so long and I'm tired of lies.
Give me a man of great surprise.

Who will endeavor to be my whole.
The piece that needs to fit my soul.
And love me for eternity, if you dare.
Come to me now, don't massively share.

Put those words into my heart.
Not a paper of fancy art.
I want this to be all mine.
And selfish vows on fancy pine?

They should be mine!
They shouldn't be shared.
But I'll find you now.
Oh then, let us compare!

We'll show every talent we can muster from within.
I'll give my everything from my blood to my skin.
This desire, this lust, this dream to be your kin.
It won't falter as long as we don't give in.

As long as you don't leave me behind.
Or forget that you were my surprise.
A gift from the Goddess, a love with a vow.
Don't you dare turn your back on me now.

1 comment:

  1. I've read this a few times now, with each time your voice dissapearing and mine replacing it. You shall find the love you long for. Is is there for the asking. A beautiful journey for a beautiful man

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what is on your mind !