May 15, 2011

Metal Fruit Basket

Doing a follow up of my DIY Hanging Herb Baskets post, I wasn't sure what I could do with the leftover metal basket frames, until I was goofing around in the kitchen with my friend and I thought of making a fruit basket.

Connect the two baskets at their bottoms and gather the fruits that will be going in the basket.

Weave the string in and out of each metal spoke around the two circles and tie it off.

A close up of the construct.

If you previously had a small candy dish or fruit bowl, it can still be placed under the basket. Another fun idea would be to hang the basket from a cupboard or other place with a chain or string. I could actually just go to the place where I bought the black metal basket and just use it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind !