Mar 8, 2010

Emotions

Why do the Aniku feel? Are they human also? I'm not certain. I meant to take this book into a mainstream direction, but then I realized my initial reason for the book. I wanted to present my innate ideas, emotions, and fantasies. I wanted to show people how beautiful life could be.

I wanted to express a beauty and culture of a world that was objective and pure. An innocent culture set apart from the inheritance of humankind; a luxurious evil. I believe in a future where man will walk on the surface of Mars in unionship. Earth won't be here forever. I believe in a world in which mankind and vegetation coexist genuinely.

I believe in a world in which the heart grows as high as the redwood. I have had many fantasies, since childhood, of a man uniting with nature and becoming the follower and believer of its divinity. This man is supposed to be the gifted one, the one who brings us all together and destroys the evils of Today.

I've always fantasized in my mind this perfect dinner; a dinner with kids of all different races eating together and getting along. I don't know why or how, but as a child, I somehow discerned common sense and objectivity. When I looked at people, I saw people, not skin. I saw the difference, and yet, I was intrigued by it. No matter my intrigue, I still respected them as human beings.

I still believed in mankind after all the horrible things that have happened to me. At the age of four, I went to foster care for spousal violence in the home. I was shuffled from family to family, being split up from my brother and sister. I was abused, neglected, tortured, locked in dark basements, and whipped for no reason--and even left at strange residences.

Even though I was beat up by the African-American kids in Detroit when I was with Linda Foster, I never hated black people as a whole. I somehow knew that was one experience and that not all black people were like that. They stole my toys and picked on me all the time, making fun of me for being white. You'd think a four year-old boy would discriminate against African-Americans in his adulthood, but no.

I love diversity. I love the idea of all kinds of races uniting as one. I fantasize a future in which all of us humans (black, white, tall, fat, gay, transexual, straight) can coexist together as a global nation; one unit, one heart, one soul. I want Ektovente to come. This must happen for my vision to come true.

E hekujne a, Ektorvente ta malun.
Nun te za ke la.


Miyäyu ka isto,
Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind !