Apr 28, 2010

Each time that I weep

This blog was meant to serve as proof of my non-procrastination.. but I suppose I was wrong. Poignant things happen to people and when they do, those people are sometimes rendered to succumb to laziness and distraught silence. I wanted to make the hype of this book stay lit, alive, and well-tended to. I suppose that goal had a brief existence--and for that, I'm sorry. I leave you with a poem.


Each Time That I Weep


I thought I'd be in love with you.
If you were here; instead we're through.
Never walked to my house; you never saw.
Wondering of you, I am so lost.

Never be with me again.
I'll never see your smile.
Rotting inside I feel your grin.
In here it lasts a while.

For in my wake your heart is harmed.
And in my soul, it is alarmed.
For if you knew the rain that fell.
You'd know my pain could fill a well.

Smoldering ashes that lie inside.
The beautiful carved wooden hive.
The incense filling its aroma here.
And deafening sounds that pierce my ears.

For when I listened to her song.
I surely tumbled and broke my fall.
My visage blew up into a smoke.
Its pores turning to wrinkled oak.

The drink that rolled from down my eyes.
And whispered soft, decrepit lies.
Smelling in my dreams, I blew.
For only if you ever knew.

How much love and joy you gave.
Babies to mothers, the love replayed.
Each moment I hear, each moment I smell.
I think only this rotting Hell.

And dropping ontop of my sheets over there.
Where I wanted you to be.
Smelling the scent from my sweaty hair.
Feeling my every need.

I recall how it happened and each time I weep.
Your memories dim like a fog.
The joys that swirl there, I don't keep.
I think of only a cog.

An endless motion that seems to spin.
The gears do turn in sin.
For if you knew the pain that blew.
I'm certain you'd surely give in.

I want this clock to freeze like ice.
I don't want to lose anymore.
Your grin was solid, but now it's like rice.
Expanding from me evermore.

I layed in my bed and stared at the white.
A ceiling that could tell so much.
For if it could speak, I'm sure we'd fight.
About keeping my secrets a hush.

I thought we could drive around the roads.
That encompassed the hills and the mountains.
I envisioned us laughing and speaking in code.
A language that flowed like fountains.

I miss how we talked and I miss our calls.
I miss everything about how you would pause.
Each moment of silence was such a surprise.
For truly I knew in my heart you would lie.

I genuinely thought you could be my man.
You felt so right to me.
All of the fancy and fantasies.
I knew you were all I could need.

But you left me, and told me, and said we were done.
I'll never forget you as long as I am one.
I know that crying is the best release.
But do I have to forget you more each time that I weep?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind !